I guess to start. We saw this sweet car. Jesus is living in some random Easter play that's going on. And we discovered this GIANT park in the middle of Modena that we rode around for like 20 minutes. Pretty awesome. What else... It's been raining the past two days, but not too bad so it's fine.
Random goat fountain in a castle courtyard...
Someone wanted to park their four-wheeler at a train station...
Verona Colliseum. Cool stuff.
Juliet's balcony. Like Romeo and Juliet.
Sweet castle on a river in Verona.
Anz. Taylor, who is in his 3rd transfer and top of this bridge. Staring into the distance. Yeah...
Hmmm yea that's about the week in picture form. I don't use words.
So a little experience I wanna share with you all is this. A few days ago we had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation with one of our friends Christian. He's working to be baptized on the 25th of April. But we were talking to him about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We read some scriptures and explained to him some of the details. To finish that section of the lesson, we asked him what the Atonement of Christ meant to him. I was expecting something very short and sweet. It was very short, his response, but it was so much more powerful than I was expecting. He knows and loves his Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't remember even remotely what he said, the words he spoke, but that feeling I felt as he bore testimony to us, I can't deny the fact that he has an immense love for Jesus Christ. I am forever grateful for that experience in my life.
That experience grew my testimony of the Atonement. I absolutely love the Atonement and I'll talk about it all day long because it's amazing and beautiful. I remember a conversation I had with my last companion in Pisa, Anz. Strang. We were talking about the Atonement and he told me a thought he once had and has held on to since he had it about the Atonement. He discovered a very amazing reason of why Christ did what He did for us.
For Christ, Heaven would not be Heaven without us there.
Christ performed His infinite atonement because He had an infinite love for us. He knew without that atoning sacrifice, we could never return to God's presence and live with Christ and our Heavenly Father again. He couldn't stand that thought. So He performed this ultimate act of love, because He couldn't bear the thought of not having us, His brothers and sisters by His side in Heaven. That is love.
I hope I can one day be able to love at that capacity. That is just amazing.
Jesus Christ lives. He knows each and every one of us perfectly and He loves us more than we can possibly fathom. I am forever grateful for Him.
I'd invite you to share what you believe about Christ with those around you.
http://www.mormon.org/easter/teaser
The Church is coming out with some sweet videos for this Easter and you should tell as many people as you can about them :) Share His love.
You guys are awesome. Thank you for everything you do for me.
Do Great Things Today.
Love you all!
Anziano Guthrie.
No comments:
Post a Comment