Let's see.... I guess it all started on this past Thursday at Zone Training where the Zone Leaders talked about 2 cool things. 1. WE'RE GETTING IPADS WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That's crazy. So that's why Elder Bednar is coming for this Conference in April. He's going to be training us on the iPads and all that good stuff. So that's super cool. Then the training itself from the Zone Leaders was all about setting baptismal dates. So after that, what do my companion and I do? We go set 4 baptismal dates in 3 days with our only 4 investigators... So that was super swell. Then comes the humbling plus miracles.
So on Monday we have an appointment with this guy named John who lives a bit outside of Modena. So what do we do to get to his house? Bike. On the highway. My idea. :) Because I've done it before and it's exhilarating. :) Best part, it was pouring down rain. Super fun. right?
So we biked for about 30 of the 45 minutes to get to this guys house and I stop on a road to check my map again to make sure I took the right road. My companion rides up behind me and is like, "oh no... I don't have the phone..." Which was bad because we didn't have his address... just the road name... So then I'm like, "wait you left the phone at the house?? ugghhhh...." and he's like, "no.... I think it fell out...." That's not good... Very very not good.... So we decide to go to this guys road and try to find him, because it'd be impossible to find the phone along the highway anyway. So still pouring rain, we go to the road. Can't find his house... Pray.... Ask people... Nothing... Soooooo.... We go back home. Another 45 minute bike ride on the high way while it's pouring rain. We are already soaked. Humbling. That's that. I was smiling and happy the whole time. I had fun ahhahaha.
So yeah. Then we go home. When we get home, the other companionship is in the house. Which was odd because it was mid afternoon and they should've been out. So we tell 'em the whole story and we're like, "we lost the phone...." which has all numbers and everything for members and investigators and everything... It's deadly to lose the phone. So finally they tell us a fun story. They get a call from Bishop and he says that he's been trying to call us and we weren't picking up. So they call us. Nothing. Then Bishop calls them back and says there is a woman they need to go meet at the Masarati place, which is 2 minutes from our apartment.
So yeah. Then we go home. When we get home, the other companionship is in the house. Which was odd because it was mid afternoon and they should've been out. So we tell 'em the whole story and we're like, "we lost the phone...." which has all numbers and everything for members and investigators and everything... It's deadly to lose the phone. So finally they tell us a fun story. They get a call from Bishop and he says that he's been trying to call us and we weren't picking up. So they call us. Nothing. Then Bishop calls them back and says there is a woman they need to go meet at the Masarati place, which is 2 minutes from our apartment.
They thought it was someone to give a BoM to and teach. But turns out it was this 14 year old girl who found our phone... Thank goodness... She gives the phone to them. They give her a BoM. They look down at the phone in their hands, look up, and she's gone... So yeah... miracles... That happened. Take it as you will.
So that was the fun experience from this week. Now for a little scriptural gem I found. :)
So Alma 18:21 reads:
That is totally true for all of us. We have divine potential as literal spirit children of our Heavenly Father. He is always watching over us and protecting us. As we live righteously, He will constantly protect us. Never forget that.
You guys are great. Love you all!
Have a fantastic week!
Do Great Things Today
Anziano Guthrie
So that was the fun experience from this week. Now for a little scriptural gem I found. :)
So Alma 18:21 reads:
21 And now, if thou wilt tell me concerning these things, whatsoever thou desirest I will give unto thee; and if it were needed, I would guard thee with my armies; but I know that thou art more powerful than all they; nevertheless, whatsoever thou desirest of me I will grant it unto thee.So when I was reading this verse, for some reason, I took it 150% out of context. I read it as Heavenly Father talking to me personally. I heard Him saying that if I will ask Him for the things I need, He will give them unto me. He would even guard me with His armies, but He knows I have a potential more powerful than all of them. Regardless He will grant me anything I ask of Him.
That is totally true for all of us. We have divine potential as literal spirit children of our Heavenly Father. He is always watching over us and protecting us. As we live righteously, He will constantly protect us. Never forget that.
You guys are great. Love you all!
Have a fantastic week!
Do Great Things Today
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment