Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 42 - Going to Modena.

So biggest news from this week is that I'm going to Modena! The Pisa Anziani are becoming the Pisa Zone Leaders and the Pisa Zone is being created. Anz. Young, my companion from Gorizia is taking my spot and is going to be Zone Leader with Anz. Strang, so I'm out. My new companion, Anz. Larsen is the same age in the mission as Anz. Strang and Anz. Taylor, so he knows what's going on. We are both going to this companionship from different cities, so neither of us know the area or anything or any members. So that'll be an adventure. But yeah, I'm out of Pisa now, onto my 4th city, 6th companion in 7 transfers. That doesn't happen to often. Fun stuff.

Other things from this week....
I had to say goodbye to Gennaro, our investigator whose gonna get baptized as soon as he quits smoking.







He's the best.
Besides that, not much else happened. I've been packing to head out to Modena, where I'm going tomorrow morning. Yeah besides that, nothing else exciting happened hahaha.

But this past week I've been studying Mosiah 3:19, famous natural man scripture.
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
So I focused a lot on the "becom[ing] a saint" and "becom[ing] as a child." I studied a lot of different places about how to become a saint and a child. I wanted to share one really awesome thing I found. I think very often the Sermon on the Mount is overlooked. People realize it's good and all, but people very rarely put it into practice and try to understand it.

The Beautitudes. There's 8 of 'em. 4 inward actions and 4 outward actions.

Inward:
  • Poor in Spirit - ever dependent on the Lord, for EVERYTHING
  • Mourn - glorying in tribulations, comfort those in need of comfort
  • Hunger and Thirst - seek for the celestial as though you can't live without it
  • Pure in Heart - see the godliness in others, their true potential as children of God.

Outward:
  • Meek - Not provoked easily (Proverbs 16:32)
  • Merciful - We can't receive mercy unless we give it
  • Peacemaker - don't cause needless contentions. Create peace everywhere
  • Ender Persecutions for Righteousness' Sake - Stand for what you believe and bear up the cross.
_____________________________________________________________

As we do all these things, we are becoming more childlike and more like a saint through the Atonement and in turn, more like our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. This is something we all need to start putting into practice. I've done a lot of reflecting about where I am now and where I want to be at the end of all this. I'd invite you all to do the same. We have divine potential. Live up to it. :)

Do great things this week.
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment