Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 37

Hello my peoples. How's it going? Got my new companion. Fun junk. Story from that.

So I was in Firenze (Florence) on Wednesday and Thursday with a bunch of other missionaries waiting for all our new comps. All of theirs were coming straight to Firenze, while Anz. Strang was coming through La Spezia and ending up in Pisa. So I was going from Firenze back to Pisa on a train by myself and then waiting there for him. So he missed a bunch of trains because of delays and junk and I ended up in Pisa by myself for an hour. Super sketchy. Only because when you're always with someone for 8 months straight and then you're suddenly alone for a couple hours, it's super weird.

But yeah my new comp is Anz. Strang. He's from Toronto. That's sweet. He has 6 months left in the mission. Just came from the office so he knows lots of secrets :) Sweet thing from this week also. Anz. Strang had to go back to Milano on Monday for his permesso (green card) appointment and it was so early so we stayed the night with the Assistents and Office Anziani the night before. And I got to see my trainer Anz. Taylor!!!! He had no idea we were coming so we surprised him. That was super fun to get to see him again.

Not much has happened besides that. We've been doing tons of finding because missionaries here haven't really done work, like the past year, so we have no one to teach right now. But everyone is actually way more open then I thought they would be. We still have no one to teach and no one really accepts the message at all, but they're really nice and we've met tons of cool people. The works gonna pick up soon, it's just getting there now.

That's about it for now. There will probably be some cool miracle this next week. We shall see :)

Little cool language thing I found out yesterday. Lucifer = Perdition. Perdition in Italian is Perdizione. That word comes from the verb "perdere" which means "to lose." So Perdition just means lost. Kinda sad.

But yeah that's it. Hope you're all doing great. 
Till next week.
Anz. Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment