Well this week we met with this kid named Matteo. He was dating a new convert like 2 years ago and we found him through her. He's 18 so basically our age. He's cool, really chill and doesn't talk a ton. But he listens really well and thinks about everything in a straightforward manner that makes a lot of sense, which is really nice. We'll see how things go with him.
Our other investigator, Gennaro is doing about as well as he usually is. He could be baptized any day, and he wants to be, he's just gotta stop smoking 20 cigarettes a day... That's usually the problem because everyone smokes that much, if not more.
But yeah that's about it. Everything is good here in Pisa. I've noticed that everyone here in the ward and just in general is a bit happier and more open in general this transfer. I'm 100% sure that it's from the obedience in the city now. No doubt about it. Tons of miracles have already happened and I know tons of more miracles will happen over the next few weeks and on. Good stuff.
Random things from this week of studying.
Mosiah 29:40 is basically saying that everyone loves King Mosiah because he's the best. The cool thing is WHY they love him. He established PEACE in the land and gave LIBERTY and FREEDOM to his people. That's what's up. We can do this too. Establishing peace is something that is very important. It invites the Spirit. The freedom part is a bit trickier, but I understood it as standing for the freedom and liberty that we all have; to stand as witnesses of the eternal law of free agency.
This next thing is from Alma 4. Verse 3 says this:
3 And so great were their afflictions that every soul had cause to mourn; and they believed that it was the judgments of God sent upon them because of their wickedness and their abominations; therefore they were awakened to a remembrance of their duty.So the cool part is the last sentence. Because of their afflictions, they were "awakened to a rememembrance of their duty." God does this sometimes. He sees us falling of the straight and narrow path and throws something at us to help us remember where we need to be going. I've seen this lots of times in my life.
Then Verse 13 says this:
13 Now this was a great cause for lamentations among the people,while others were abasing themselves, succoring those who stood in need of their succor, such as imparting their substance to the poor and the needy, feeding the hungry, and suffering all manner of afflictions, for Christ’s sake, who should come according to the spirit of prophecy;"Suffering all manner of afflictions, for Christ's sake." That's awesome. One thing I've learned on my mission is this: We really need to bear up the cross and do things for Christ's sake. I've stopped worrying about what someone is going to think when I stop them on the street and I just talk to them. If they think I'm weird or a freak, I'm being a weird freak for Christ's sake. :) And that's amazing.
The last thing is from Alma 5:60 which says:
60 And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you, that ye may not be destroyed.This verse made me think of this Mormon Message:
In this Mormon Message, this guy (who's never really heard of the Church and lived an insane life full of mistakes) is with a friend from school. It's the first time they'd seen each other in years. This guy had been searching for God, to see if He was really there 2 years before. At this point, his friend says to him that God needs him on His side, now. This was the big changing point in this man's life. "The good shepherd doth call after you." Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are constantly seeking us out, we've just got to open our eyes to see them. They slowly give us just as much light as we can handle until one day we finally see them. I know for a fact that this is true because it happened to me. It's a slow, simple change that you don't realize as it's happening. Then you look back and see everything that happened and you realize how much God's hand had been in your life. It's incredible.
Christ lives. He died for us. He took our sins up Himself so that we could return to live with Him and our Father in heaven. That's something to be excited about. :) So be excited. We are made from love, to be love, to spread love. Spread it. :)
You guys rock. You're the best and I love you all. Have a fantastic week! :)
(Random pictures up there: Anz. Strang and missionaries holding up the Leaning Tower.)
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment