Yo yo yo. Sorry, still no pictures. I'm kind of really lazy and there's not a ton to take pictures of. So yeah. But everything is going well here. Anz. Lopez is going to Como to train and Anz. Strang, who was in the office before is coming to be my new companion here in Pisa. And my "dad," my trainer, Anz. Taylor is the new AP, which isn't a surprise at all. 100% expected. But yeah that's all good. Nothing much is really going on here. Pretty quiet.
This past week, we started our new English class. We missionaries and our ward mission leader went around last Tuesday to all of the University of Pisa buildings, libraries and stuff to give them a bunch of fliers and junk. We publicized it pretty dang well, so hopefully tons of people will start showing up. Pisa is basically a college town so there's tons of young people and we're hoping they want to learn English. And it's a great way to find investigators. Antonio, who was baptized while I was in Milano my second transfer, was actually found because a member invited him to English class and then eventually became interested in the Church and after a long time, he was baptized. So it works.
What else happened this week... Not much. Tons of people were sad Lopez was leaving. He's a pretty friendly, outgoing guy, so he became good friends with all the members. I'm not very outgoing, so that sucks. Whatever :)
Sad thing. Our new convert is the husband of a woman whose been a member forever. And sadly they lost their baby during the birth. :( She was only 5 months pregnant, so it was super early. But there had been lots and lots of problems earlier, and the mom has lots of health problems, so it was very expected, but still extremely sad. :( They're great people. There was the funeral and everything on Monday and lots of members were there. So that was really good that they got to see the ward was there for them. Sad day. :( Keep them in your prayers. They need it.
Well that's basically all that happened this week. Keep doing great stuff, everyone. You're all great. (I'm Tony the Tiger. Frosted flakes are GREAT!) I'm ecstatic. And just typing random things because I'm bored. I'll stop now.
Do great things.
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment