Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Week 31 - Pisa. There's a tower here.

Hey everyone! I'm here in Pisa now! Pretty great place. Smaller than I thought it would be. 





There's this tower thing here. It's like 5 minutes away from the Church by bike so that's pretty cool. Bikes... oh bikes... This is the first time riding a bike, not only in the mission, but basically since I was in like 8th grade. Probably longer ago than that actually. I don't know, but it's been a while. I hated the first two days because of bikes hahaha. But my legs are not falling off anymore so it's pretty good. The ward is cool here. There's tons of super old Italian people then some young American families that are in the military and live near the Army base here in Pisa.

Everything is great here. Language is good. My companion here is super old in terms of both mission age and real age. He's like 26 years old and is in his 15th transfer. He was born in Peru and moved to Rome when he was 12. So he speaks Italian, Spanish, and English, basically all very well. He just learned English in the mission though. But he speaks really well still. Yeah Anz. Lopez. Cool guy.

This is where I live.





I sleep outside basically. :)

I got guilt tripped by the Bishop here to play piano for Priesthood meeting... Even though I still don't read sheet music... So I'm struggling a ton every day to figure out how to play one him for the next Sunday.

Little fun thing I found while studying the New Testament: So I'm reading in Acts right now. Good junk. In chapter 14 verse 22 it says:
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
​So it says that through much tribulation, we enter into the kingdom of God. That's very important to understand. Entering into the kingdom of God isn't something that is a walk in the park. It's not something we can just do in a day. We have to learn and grow and we do that through tribulation. We face hard times and we grow from them. It's all part of the plan. But because of that tribulation, we become closer and closer to being ready and worthy to enter the kingdom of God.

Then in chapter 17 verse 27-28, it says:
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
The Lord is not far from us. He is with us in every step we take. I know that without a doubt in my mind. "For in him we live, and move, and have our being." We live because of Him. That is a great truth.

I know this Church is true. Everything makes sense. God has restored His true church to the earth once again, through the first prophet of these latter days, Joseph Smith. The head of this church is in fact Jesus Christ. He leads and guides us through His servants, the modern-day, living, breathing prophets and apostles. This stuff is awesome. I know it's true.

Have a great week everyone!
Love you all!
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment