Pisa is doing well. Tower is still up, that's always good. We make that joke at least 3 times a day. It's sad. But it's all we have to do. But yeah everything is doing well here. Fell off my bike. That's all good though. Part of the mission life. No blood, so I'm still alive.
Italian Christmases are exciting to say the least. Not a ton of lights which is pretty lame but that's okay. They have this Christmas cake which I always compare to fruit cake but it's actually good and people actually eat it. There is two actually, Pandora and Panatone. They're just like really good delicious cakes. The thing is that everyone always has like 50 of them in their house from November to February... It's ridiculous... And all the members give us one each. So our apartment is full of these things. Eh whatever. They taste good, we just get a new one every time we eat one.
I found this really cool quote by a former member of the Melchizidek Priesthood General Committee. He said this about selfishness,
"In this process of learning what is right for you at any particular time, Ihave always found it helpful to use a basic measuring stick: Is it selfish? I have concluded that most of our sins are really sins of selfishness. If you don’t pay your tithing, selfishness is at the heart of it. If you commit adultery, selfishness is at the heart of it. If you are dishonest, selfishness is at the heart of it. I have noted that many times in the scriptures we observe the Lord chastising people because of their selfishness."It's something that I've been working on recently. Basically with every choice I make from now on, I'm first deciding whether or not I'm doing it for my own gain or for the gain of others, then from there I can very easily decide if I should do it or not hahaha.
Yea that's about it. I get to Skype tomorrow. That'll be fun. :) Mom and Dad will probably cry, needless to say. Christian probably will too. Who knows. Yup. That's it. Don't know what else to say. Email writing gets hard after a while. Especially when the Italian starts taking over the English part of your brain. The number of spelling and grammar errors are probably disgusting. Eh whatever. Have a great Christmas everyone! Don't forget Jesus. :) He's the reason you have Christmas. hahaha.
Buon Natale e Buone Feste da Italia!!!
Do great things today. :)
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment