Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 30!

Hey everyone. So after a loooooonnnngggg (sarcasm) time here in Gorizia, I'm out! My companion, Anz. Young is training next transfer so I'm going to PISA!!! WOO!!!! Towers and junk. I'm excited. But also SUPER sad that I have to leave Gorizia. This place is awesome and I love it! But there's a reason I'm going to Pisa. So I'm all good with it. So here are some of my favorite people from Gorizia.



This is Martin Luther King Sr., Regina, and their daughter Matilda!!!! They are my best friends from Ghana. They're incredible. Yes, they have a son named Martin Luther King Jr. hahah. But yeah Martin and Regina were baptized about 4-5 months ago and we've been teaching their daughter Matilda. They're super super awesome and I love them a ton. Regina is my favorite though. She can't really speak English or Italian so whenever she talks, it's always really simple and hilarious.





​ Hahahah oh man.... This is Manlio... He's a punk. He's communist... and a member... So yeah... I can't say anything more than that. That's him hahahaa





MARIO YEAH!! He's not a member, just an English class student. He's part Slovenian and super cool. Super nice guy and tells us all the time that he'd be baptized and be a member if he weren't so old already.




This is Stefano. He's a new convert of about 9 months or so. Really cool guy, young around 26 years old I think. He's incredible at foosball. That's what we play here. But yeah really cool guy.




And this is the Bressan Family. They are the best ever. The dad served his mission down in Southern Italy 30 years ago and he works for the Church now, building and renovating building in Europe. They have a daughter that lives in Washington with her husband who is in the Army there. Giaccomo, on the left, just got back from his mission like 6 weeks ago from Sweden. He can't speak Italian anymore hahaha. Like legitamately can't speak Italian now. But yeah they're incredible and do everything for us and I'm gonna miss the poop out of them.

Various pictures from Gorizia and Trieste at Christmas time:






My district here:



But yeah. I'm going to Pisa now. My new companion is Anziano Lopez. He's Peruvian but has lived in Italy his whole life. He's dying [translation: going home from his mission] in 3 transfers so he's a lot older than me. He was a Zone Leader before and all that stuff. Really experienced missionary. I'm excited because he's a native Italian speaker so that'll help me a ton. Pisa is gonna be exciting. No snow for Christmas :( Whatever though. Yeah that's about it. 1 and done in Gorizia and down to Pisa now.


Have a great week! Love ya all.
Do great things today!
Anziano Guthrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment