I guess I'll just throw out a couple random thoughts I had. From President Eyring's talk in the Saturday Morning session, he mentioned Christ's parable of the seed and the sower. The seed is the word of God and the sower, the Lord. The soil is compared to our heart. A lot of times I've heard this parable spoken of and explained, it is said that a heart is one of the certain types of soils and that's just the way it is. It's spoken of as if one's heart cannot change, which is the opposite of the Gospel of Christ. If we think about it in terms of the parable, you can work the thorny or rocky ground until it becomes the good soil that raises an hundred fruit. That is the Atonement.
Elder Hallstrom's talk in the same session was sweet too. He spoke of how vital it is that we recognize, remember, and understand WHO we are, our preeminent identity as a child of God. It's so true. The times I forgot that are the hardest, while when I remember my heritage, happiness comes infinitely quicker.
Then to end, probably my favorite part of Conference, though not a specific moment, just a topic, was the times when they spoke of how Christ's Atonement was both infinite, covering all who have lived, live, and will live, but also personal. What He did was literally done just for you.
I hope you all have a sweet week!
Love you all!
Anziano Ben Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment