Hello everybody!
Well this week has been a bit terrible. It started off okay. On Friday we had an activity with all the guys here in Brescia and we went bowling. Lots of people came, so that was sweet. But the next day is when it all went downhill.
Saturday morning we all 4 woke up and we were all either super sick or on the way to getting super sick. So since Saturday, we've all been coughing and sneezing a ton and suffering through that still trying to work. It's been rough to say the least. I think we're all almost better. Yesterday morning was horrible for me. I woke up feeling the worst I've felt in a really long time, but we had stuff to do so we went and did it. I felt like I couldn't think correctly. My brain was 80% shut down. I couldn't reason hahah. Teaching was very difficult under those circumstances. And it was significantly harder to be cheerful and friendly and talkative, none of which I usually am anyway hahah. Usually I'm the silent one in the corner but I've got to be more outgoing with lots of people, but that was impossible being sick. But it's all getting better now, so that's good.
So a while back, like a year ago, I made 9 pizzas one night, and since then, I haven't made pizza nor wanted to. But we went to a members house for lunch on Sunday and they were making the dough after lunch for their dinner. It randomly brought back my desire to make pizza. So I probably going to pick that back up.
Yesterday, we went to a members home to talk to their 7 year old son about baptism. Wow... Teaching little kids is really difficult. I'm way too used to using tons of scriptures and explaining stuff simply but thoroughly. But with a 7 year old, you can't really do that. You have to simplify a lot and that was really difficult for me last night. It went well though.
So a few random thoughts from the Bible from the past week.
In 1 Peter 4:12-14,16, Peter talks a lot about how as Christians, true followers and disciples of Christ, we face some confrontation. I like verse 12 because Peter says, "Think it not strange concerning the fiery trials which is to try you, as though some strange thing has happened unto you." It should never surprise us when trials come. They are an important part of our lives. They help us learn and grow. Peter continues. "But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings." Rather, we should be happy when we have trials. We are feeling an extremely small portion of what Christ felt. Then in verses 14 and 16, Peter says that if we are reproached in the name of Christ and suffer as a Christian, we should be happy and unashamed. That's the truth. In the Lord's work, in following the commandments, we are bound to face some adversity. That happens. It shouldn't seem like some strange phenomenon when it happens to us, rather we should be happy and unashamed to be persecuted for righteousness sake.
Then in 2 Peter 3:11, Peter says, "what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversations and godliness." That phrase "holy conversations" struck me. I've been thinking a lot recently about how are conversations, our words, are so important to the Lord. I was thinking of examples like 3rd of the 10 commandments, not taking the Lord's name in vain, and how we call Melchizedek Priesthood not by the Lord's name so we don't repeat it so much. Our words matter way more than we think they do. And I understand a bit why, because they really do lead to actions. If we speak one way, we're bound to act that way sooner or later. So having those holy conversations really do lead us to godliness.
Hope you all have a sweet week! Thanks for all you do!
Do great things today
Anz. Ben Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment