Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Light

Hey all. I hope you're all doing well and that you've had a sweet week.

So the big move is all done and we're settled in our new apartment. I like it a lot even though it's a bit smaller. There's just a main kitchen room, a bathroom, and the bedroom. So relatively small, but it was graciously left in good conditions and we just cleaned it even more and keep it really clean, so that's all nice. We've been being pretty healthy for the past week, something I'm trying to get in the habit of so I can keep it up after the mission.

We had a party of an experience with one of the Sorelle's investigators that we are taking care of now. She is this awesome Italian woman. She talks a ton, making it hard to keep on topic. She's hilarious. She started playing this acoustic guitar Catholic music and started dancing during the lesson hahha. That was pretty awesome. She sang to us to. It was just craziness hahaha.

Well there's not much to say from this week. We saw all the normal people and they're all doing as well as normal. Harmonicas are fun. I've been doing everything possible to make these last weeks go by as slow as possible, because honestly, thinking about being home is terrifying, mainly because I feel so sheltered here. I don't really have to worry about much. I can just focus on the people we work with and the Gospel. There are too many decisions at home that I'd rather just hide from hahah. So I've been doing everything possible to make these weeks go by as slow as possible. It's not working though. It's still going by too fast.

We get to hear from Elder Christofferson tomorrow. That'll be sweet for sure.

There have been tons of random topics on my mind. No not random, just a lot of things. I guess I'll share this.

I was reading this Liahona article about light. It was focused on this scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 50:24.
24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
So the general authority that was talking about light was comparing it to knowledge and intelligence, rightly so. He spoke of various ways to grow our light and gain more light. He gave this list.
  • Serve others. As you serve them, your love for them will grow and you will gain light. Love is light.
  • As you study the scriptures, pray for new light.
  • Ask yourself "how does this apply to my life" as you study the scriptures.
  • Memorize scriptures. He compares memorized scriptures to "packets of light" that we can open whenever we feel enshrouded in darkness.
  • As you learn and gain light, go and do the the things that the Spirit tells you to do through that light. Act on the light.
  • Constantly expect to receive light and prompting from the Spirit.
I've been trying to do all those things and it's definitely brought more light and knowledge in my life. Each one of them is super important. That light is manifested is many different ways, God's love, knowledge, understanding, direction and guidance from the Spirit. We have to seek that light and grow it constantly. It's what gives us hope. It's what keeps of us going. It's the reason I'm still here.

I hope you all have a sweet week! You're doing great! I love you all

Do great things today.
Anz. Ben Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment