Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 49

Well everything is going great here in Modena. To start, here is Anz. Perry from Pleasant Grove, Utah.






So Anz. Perry rocks. He sings, plays piano and guitar, rides mountain bikes and does other sweet stuff. He's been in Italy now for a whopping one week. He's already picking up the language pretty well. He's super humble and super teachable and super weird, all very important attributes :) Overall he's just incredible and I'm pumped for the next 3 months with him. We're gonna do a lot together.

The first thing we'll do is watch Christian's baptism. Our Ghanese investigator will be baptized on May 02 for sure. He's just incredible also. He's so humble and so Christ-like and he has an incredible faith in his Savior. It's amazing to hear him speak about Christ. I love it. The Spirit is always so strong in lessons with him. Amazing.

So this is for the little bro Christian, not the investigator one. FINALLY we found a Ferrari on the road....


Nice car. Not a great picture, much better in person, but that's the idea.

But I wanted to share with you all something cool I fell upon.

So this poem type literary thing, called The King's Highway is amazing. 



The quote from it I want to focus on is this.
"He who travels the road best is he who makes the road smoother for those who will follow."

On the same topic there is a quote from the famous Kid President where he says the following:
"This is your time. This is my time. It’s our time, if we can make everyday better for each other, if we’re all in the same team lets start acting like it. We got work to do. We can cry about it or dance about it. We were made to be awesome. Lets get out there. I don’t know everything, I’m just a kid. But I know this, its everybody’s duty to give the world a reason to dance."
The concept is the same in both. We are all on a team. It is our job, our duty, our obligation to make this life easier for others. This life is hard enough. Let's stop making it harder. But let's make it easier. Open your eyes and look around for ways to make someone else's life easier. Lighten the burden like Christ has done for each of us. 

I am extremely grateful for Jesus Christ and everything he has done for me. He is the reason I am who I am today and I can never thank Him enough for that. 

Thank you all for everything you do. Thank you for your prayers. You are all amazing and I love you all. Have a fantastic week.

Do great things today.
Anz. Ben Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment