Last night we had a lesson with our investigator Christian. We first talked about the Sabbath Day and then watched the talk of President Monson entitled "Ponder the Path of Thy Feet." After we watched President Monson's talk, we asked Christian how he felt. He explained to us that he knew that this man, President Monson has the Spirit of God in him and speaks through the Spirit. He told us that he believes that Thomas S. Monson is in fact a modern-day prophet of God. We then asked him how he felt about his baptismal date of the 25th of April. He said he is ready to make that step in his life and in his path towards God. He is so humble and so teachable. I don't feel as though we really did anything but he was so open to the Spirit that it honestly wrought a great change of heart in Christian. I'm excited for this new trainee to meet Christian and see what someone who is ready for baptism is like.
^ Christian lives in a house with this other Ghanese family and this is one of the kids. :) He never speaks, just high fives and fist pounds.
Fun stuff. Yeah that's all the fun news from this week. Found this cool scripture in the bible. It is in Paul's epistle to the Romans, chapter 12, verses 12 to 13 and reads:
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.Sweet bible verse right there. Let us cast off the works of darkness. Bang. Put on the armour of light. Bang bang. Let us walk honestly. Triple bang. Paul is amazing. I don't know but I just love that verse. Paul is simply powerful as a witness of Christ. I love him.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Yea that's about it this week. Next week you'll get to meet my child. :) I'm excited for that. For now, basta così. You all rock and I'm incredibly grateful for your thoughts and prayers for us missionaries in general. Keep on being amazing people and sharing the love and light of Christ.
Have a fantastic week!
Do Great Things Today!
Anziano Guthrie fuori.
No comments:
Post a Comment