Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week 47. Yes.

Hello my peeps. To start. Shout out to my boy Kulovitz from the USA. I love you man. Keep on being swell. He's the greatest.

We made pizza. For GenCon2015, we only had an hour between sessions and it wasn't enough time to go home and make lunch and come back. So Anz. Taylor, one of the missionaries in the apartment and I made pizza.








As in 9 pizzas, and man were they delicious. We gave some to some of the ward members who were there when we were eating and we were complemented by multiple Italians on our pizza. Score. And Sorella Bowman, one of the sister missionaries here in Modena, said it was the best pizza she's had in Italy so far. So score again. Pizza masters. So yeah we made pizza for like 4 hours in total. Fun stuff.

Then there was conference. I just loved it all. I don't even know what I want to share from it... So I'll just throw some cool stuff out that I noticed.


In this talk given by President Eyring he said: "Part of your fast offering and mine this month will be used to help someone, somewhere, whose relief the Lord will feel as if it were His own."

That is powerful right there. Christ took on everything that everyone has ever felt. When we pay fast offerings, those in need feel relief which in turn gives relief to Christ. That is powerful.

Then from Elder Dale G. Renlund's talk, a quote from Nelson Mandela. “I’m no saint—that is, unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps on trying.”

A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying. That's just a basic truth right there. Love it.

Then Elder Holland's talk: Just read it. Oh my wow. No words to describe this talk and the feelings I felt during it.

Overall an excellent General Conference. Still haven't seen the last session but I'm sure it was incredible as well. You should all watch it all again, reread it and share it with everyone. There's tons to learn. :)

Hope you all have a fantastic week! You all rock!
Do great things!
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment