Gorizia is fantastic. It's getting quite cold here, so I'm having to wear layers and stuff but that's all good. Christmas time is here! Happinness and cheer and lots of other fun things like lights all over the city, a HUGE tree and other jazz. But no Thanksgiving :( They don't do that here.
But fun cool things that I wanted to share. So to start, I've been reading Jesus the Christ lately, basically 2-3 hours a day in my free time. And it's amazing. Just absolutely incredible. 2 cool realizations I found while reading. First, something that I guess I knew, but never really brought into my thought process. Christ could in fact sin. He has free agency just like all of us. It was necessary to His own progression. I just never really thought about it. He was just so perfect and so strong mentally and physically that He could literally resist giving into any temptation. Along with that, Christ was not all-knowing from the start. In D&C 93, it says:
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;Christ didn't receive of the fulness at first, but went from grace to grace. He started just like all of us did, a small, innocent child. He was just a lot, lot better than us and learned a lot quicker :) Just some cool little facts I found.
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
That's about it :) I'd invite you all to study the life of Christ. There are lots of amazing little gems you can find from Christ's life. He is in fact the perfect example. I have a very strong testimony of that. He is my Savior. He did more for me than I think I'll ever comprehend. I love Him so so very much and I know He is on my right hand and on my left. He's right beside me and He is with all of you, I know that for a fact.
I love you all and hope you're doing great :)
Do great things today :)
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie!
No comments:
Post a Comment