Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 71

Well hello every bodies. Hope everyone is doing well. Let's see what happened this week.

Well we did our first zone training. That was pretty exciting, not to difficult though. Just a bunch of transmitting what we learned in mission council last Monday. Then at the end we had a chance to listen to my companions "dying" testimony since he's going home next week. I'm definitely grateful that I had the chance to serve with him. He's a really good guy and he's taught me a lot. I could tell from his testimony that he understood and took from the mission what God wanted him to get. I know that.

Then Saturday we went with most of the American Ward and some of the Italian Ward to this park area outside of Pordenone for a service project. Service projects are actually really fun. We were cleaning up these two areas for the community. Just regular yard work stuff, mowing, picking up branches, cutting down stuff, etc.. After we went to the main park area and had pizza with everyone. Needless to say, it was very fun. Being with all the American members is fun hahha. It's just like being home.

Sunday night we got to go on splits again with our Ward mission leader and actually one of the young men whose preparing to go on a mission came with us. We just went around and saw a bunch of members. It was really cool actually. We went and visited this one woman who is a teacher. She is so awesome! She actually has gone and visited a bunch of her former students for their weddings and graduations and things! And these are kids she taught in 2nd grade! She is incredible!

Well my head is exploding right now. This seems to happen on pday every now and then. I'll just start feeling super sick. It's probably because we played soccer, ultimate frisbee, and basketball with a couple people from the zone this morning for like 4 hours. Then immediately after that we went to the base and I ate taco bell.... Probably a mistake. But whatever, I'll get some rest tonight and it'll be all good.

Various picture of Udine:




Recently I've been thinking a lot about a certain topic, basically the idea of being able to look at your past and not be totally discouraged because of all your mistakes, but at the same time look to the future with all the possibilities that could come. Not having the mindset of "well I messed up before, why wouldn't I mess up again." Understanding that we all make mistakes but along with that understanding our divine potential as children of God.

Kind of on this same topic, looking at the world realistically, but also hoping for a better world, or what the world could be with our faith and actions. I've seen it so many times, and it's hard to overcome, to be in the middle. I've seen lots of people on either. I've met those who see the world TOO real in the sense that they see things in front of them but totally take out the possibility for things to change. Then there are those who maybe expect grand miracles in every single thing they do. Now I'm not saying that miracles don't happen. They do. I've seen hundreds of them here in Italy. But I feel there is an equilibrium where we accept others and their weaknesses but also having faith and hope for improvement. Being aware of reality but also being aware of what reality can be with God's help. We see "things as they really care, and [...] things as they really will be." I probably explained this horribly, but I meant to say what the scripture I just quoted says. Jacob speaks in the Book of Mormon about things as they really and things as they really will be. That is what I was trying to get across hahaha. Anyway.

Well I hope you all have a great week.
Do great things today
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie


Ps this is the Venezia Zone woo.


No comments:

Post a Comment