Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 70 - in America Land

Well hello my friends and family. How is life?
Anz. Vaclaw, current comp
that is going home in a few weeks.

This week had some pretty new stuff happen. Let's see. To start off, this past weekend we had stake conference and we were invited to help our mission president in his training to all the ward mission leaders and ward missionaries of the stake. That was pretty cool, being able to train all of them on some pretty important stuff. One cool part of that was that Meet The Mormons has finally been translated into Italian, so all the wards are trying to organize a time to show it in the Ward buildings and get everyone invited. The weird thing is that each stake gets one copy of it, so each ward has to plan really well and make sure another ward isn't trying to show it that day too. A bit of chaos, but all good.

We had mission council again this past Monday. That was all fun. We talked about stuff we wanted to focus on for the next couple weeks and stuff. Always an interesting meeting. Best part was I finally got permission to drive so for the first time, I drove. The part that wasn't so fun was that I had to drive for 4 hours... That was less than desirable but whatever.

Also another side note, it was confirmed that our investigator in Modena was baptized woo!!!! I'm sad that I wasn't there to see it but I'm really glad it finally happened. He and his wife are going to be a huge blessing for the people of Modena.

I ate fried chicken today from Popeyes. American food tastes weird but I still love it.

So I've been trying to pickup my Book of Mormon reading again. A few days ago I was in Helaman 10 and I read the words of the Lord to Nephi. He said,
Anz. Moa, he served with my MTC
comp and we're just good friends.
4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
I really like this verse. We are so blessed as we work unwearyingly for the Lord, whether as a missionary or in our respective callings or serving others, it applies to all. I think people to often think of this "unwariness" as being perfect. I may be wrong, but I don't believe the Lord is blessing Nephi for being perfect, mainly because he wasn't. I believe here, "unwariness" refers to Nephi's drive to always improve and progress. Along with this I like that the word "sought" was used. He is not saying that Nephi did His will every single time, but he sought after it. He did what he could, what was in his own power and the strength he received from the Atonement. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ do not expect immediate perfection, but they do expect immediate progress. I think we too often become discouraged because we aren't the best or we aren't perfect or we mess up a lot. We have to remember that Christ knows us perfectly and as long as we do what we can, He will make up the rest. We have to unwearyingly strive to improve. The goal is to get a little bit better each day. I know this is true because I've seen it in my life. The small, daily things make such a huge difference, though at the time we don't see it, I know they do.

To end, shout out to my mom, because she's the best mom in the world. Sorry but that is simply the truth. My mom is the best because she has taught me and been an example to me of patience and love. Without the things she has taught me, through her words and examples, I know without a doubt that I would not be where I am today. My mom rocks :) love ya Mom :)
http://motherhood.mormon.org/ (Also the Kid President - Letter to Moms video)

You all are incredible. Have a sweet day.
Do great things today.
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment