Well let's just start from this last last week since my email got cut in half because of I don't know why. So I'll tell you all what happened two weeks ago. So we were out one day doing finding work and stopped this Ghanese guy. Super cool guy, very loving of Christ. Well a few days later at our return appointment, he wasn't there and we sat there waiting for like 20 minutes. Right before then, we prayed about what to do, and we both felt to wait a little longer. As soon as we sat down on the bench, from across the park, this random African guy started waving at us. I thought it was one of our old investigators, so we went right over. Turns out it was some other Ghanese guy. He had met missionaries back in Ghana years ago. So we started teaching him. In the middle of the Restoration, the one we were waiting for showed up and joined in the conversation. That was weird at first. Then we found out they live in the same apartment and come from the same city in Ghana. Now we are teaching them both and they're both really cool and wanting to come to Church and all that. Great guys.
A few days after that, we FINALLY met this referral we've been trying to meet with for basically 2 months. While waiting for him at the bus station, these two men approached us. They were two members of the Jehovah's Witness church. We proceeded to have a conversation with them. When the man we were waiting for showed up, we found out he was actually a member of the Jehovah's Witness church also. We ended the conversation to go and sit with this man to talk to him about the
Restoration and answer his questions. As we sat and started talking, another Jehovah's Witness woman came up and started talking with us too. She wouldn't really let this guy ask his questions,
instead she just tried to prove a point she was trying to make. We just did what we could to get out of there because we had another appointment and we didn't even get the chance to answer his questions
anyway. So that was a very interesting experience.
Well besides that, this past week we have seen Christian and he's back and doing great. We will talk more with him tomorrow about his definite baptismal date and get that all going which is very exciting. We also helped a member family this past week with a service project. Basically like a food bank type deal but asking for donations at this giant mall. That's really it from this past week. Everything is going great here in Modena.


So iPads like to be dumb and delete half my email when I send them just because there is a picture in the middle. I realized that when I did that last week too.... Nevertheless I will continue my email.
So I wanted to share a cool experience I had yesterday. So we had district meeting yesterday and we were talking about how we could help all our investigators and less actives get to church more often, pray more sincerely, and read the Book of Mormon every day. As we were discussing this, we also discussed how we could live each of the commandments and principles of the Gospel to a higher standard because it is my personal belief that we can't ask these people to change their lives if we aren't willing to do so ourselves. So as I was giving the closing remarks, I felt the same kind of spirit I feel when giving a blessing to someone, one of really having no idea what I'm saying, just being led by the Spirit. I also felt for the first time that the words that the Spirit was speaking through me were really touching people's hearts. I mean I know in the past my testimony has touched people's hearts, but this time it really told me, confirmed and witnessed unto me that I was making a difference. That was such an amazing feeling. It totally changed my outlook on personal testimony.
It reminded me of something the bishop here said during a combined Priesthood - Relief Society meeting a few Sundays ago. He said that the true sign or symbol of the true church, the restored church of Jesus Christ is that of the testimonies of the members. That is so incredible. Our testimony, that is our light to the world. That is what is shown to others. That is how we are seen. Our witness. I pray that we let that light shine unto the whole world in every single way we can. That is the light of the Gospel, the light of Christ and His love. Let us let this light unto all the ends of the earth and bring others out from the darkness.
I know the Church is true. Joseph was a prophet called by God and did translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God. He was visited by John the Baptist, Peter, James, and John and given that priesthood authority that is now on the earth today. The Book of Mormon is true. It speaks and testifies of Christ. The Book of Mormon is incredible. It testifies of the divinity and mission of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lived and died for us. He lives today and will live forever more. He is our savior and redeemer. I bear you all my testimony that Jesus Christ bore our sins, bled for them, and gave us the ability to overcome sin. Because He lives and loves us, we will live and be loved for time and all eternity. Jesus Christ's Atonement gives us the opportunity to grow every single second of every single day. I pray that we use the Atonement more fully in our daily lives. The Atonement is real. I have seen it work in my life and the lives of others. I will never be able to deny this testimony. I know all these things are true. Christ's love for us is infinite, as is our Father's in heaven. I love my Savior. Today, I serve Him.
I pray that you all remember that Christ and Heavenly Father are watching out for you each and every day. You are surrounded every second by angels. You have armies of heavenly hosts behind you and a perfect Savior who has gone before you. Remember always to fear not because that they who be with us are more than they who be with them.
I love you all and you are all incredible. You have all played a specific part in my life to get me where I am to do and I will be forever grateful to you all.
Do amazing things today.
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie
A few days after that, we FINALLY met this referral we've been trying to meet with for basically 2 months. While waiting for him at the bus station, these two men approached us. They were two members of the Jehovah's Witness church. We proceeded to have a conversation with them. When the man we were waiting for showed up, we found out he was actually a member of the Jehovah's Witness church also. We ended the conversation to go and sit with this man to talk to him about the
Restoration and answer his questions. As we sat and started talking, another Jehovah's Witness woman came up and started talking with us too. She wouldn't really let this guy ask his questions,
instead she just tried to prove a point she was trying to make. We just did what we could to get out of there because we had another appointment and we didn't even get the chance to answer his questions
anyway. So that was a very interesting experience.
Well besides that, this past week we have seen Christian and he's back and doing great. We will talk more with him tomorrow about his definite baptismal date and get that all going which is very exciting. We also helped a member family this past week with a service project. Basically like a food bank type deal but asking for donations at this giant mall. That's really it from this past week. Everything is going great here in Modena.
So iPads like to be dumb and delete half my email when I send them just because there is a picture in the middle. I realized that when I did that last week too.... Nevertheless I will continue my email.
So I wanted to share a cool experience I had yesterday. So we had district meeting yesterday and we were talking about how we could help all our investigators and less actives get to church more often, pray more sincerely, and read the Book of Mormon every day. As we were discussing this, we also discussed how we could live each of the commandments and principles of the Gospel to a higher standard because it is my personal belief that we can't ask these people to change their lives if we aren't willing to do so ourselves. So as I was giving the closing remarks, I felt the same kind of spirit I feel when giving a blessing to someone, one of really having no idea what I'm saying, just being led by the Spirit. I also felt for the first time that the words that the Spirit was speaking through me were really touching people's hearts. I mean I know in the past my testimony has touched people's hearts, but this time it really told me, confirmed and witnessed unto me that I was making a difference. That was such an amazing feeling. It totally changed my outlook on personal testimony.
It reminded me of something the bishop here said during a combined Priesthood - Relief Society meeting a few Sundays ago. He said that the true sign or symbol of the true church, the restored church of Jesus Christ is that of the testimonies of the members. That is so incredible. Our testimony, that is our light to the world. That is what is shown to others. That is how we are seen. Our witness. I pray that we let that light shine unto the whole world in every single way we can. That is the light of the Gospel, the light of Christ and His love. Let us let this light unto all the ends of the earth and bring others out from the darkness.
I know the Church is true. Joseph was a prophet called by God and did translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God. He was visited by John the Baptist, Peter, James, and John and given that priesthood authority that is now on the earth today. The Book of Mormon is true. It speaks and testifies of Christ. The Book of Mormon is incredible. It testifies of the divinity and mission of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ lived and died for us. He lives today and will live forever more. He is our savior and redeemer. I bear you all my testimony that Jesus Christ bore our sins, bled for them, and gave us the ability to overcome sin. Because He lives and loves us, we will live and be loved for time and all eternity. Jesus Christ's Atonement gives us the opportunity to grow every single second of every single day. I pray that we use the Atonement more fully in our daily lives. The Atonement is real. I have seen it work in my life and the lives of others. I will never be able to deny this testimony. I know all these things are true. Christ's love for us is infinite, as is our Father's in heaven. I love my Savior. Today, I serve Him.
I pray that you all remember that Christ and Heavenly Father are watching out for you each and every day. You are surrounded every second by angels. You have armies of heavenly hosts behind you and a perfect Savior who has gone before you. Remember always to fear not because that they who be with us are more than they who be with them.
I love you all and you are all incredible. You have all played a specific part in my life to get me where I am to do and I will be forever grateful to you all.
Do amazing things today.
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment