Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Week 61 yes.

Hello my peoples! How goes things?

Modena is still blazing. Well let's see. Cool things from this week. Well we had a lesson with these 2 investigators we have. The lesson before this one we had talked about the Plan of Salvation and how the Gospel will be preached to those in the Spirit World. One of the investigators was brightly surprised at that. He's quite well versed in the Bible and he had never read that anywhere, but it had always been a personal belief of his. Well this past lesson I remembered where it talks about that in the Bible, so we read 1 Peter 4:6 with him and he was totally shocked hahahah. He continued for the next minute saying how great we were and then the other asked how she could become as versed in the Bible as we were. I was like, "uhhhh... Look.... I've read the first 5 books of the New Testament once. I don't know what you're talking about." But it was cool regardless of that. They think we're some sort of Bible geniuses haha. Then we met them again yesterday with our bishop there also.

That was a huge help. One of them asked a question basically asking us to interpret Revelations. We just told him we'd give him the answer next time. He was asking who the woman and the child represented in Revelations 12. But then immediately after we had to go do English class, so we left and Bishop stayed and talked for a bit. Well 10 minutes into English class, I remembered something else I needed to ask Bishop about so I left for a second to go ask him. Well when I knocked on the door, he was about to give one of our investigators a blessing. That was incredible, him being so willing to even bring that up to these people. That was awesome.




Then on Sunday Gianni and Patrizia were confirmed!!!! That's always a great part. Anz. Mattson and I both were able to stand in the circle. That was awesome. There is always a really great spirit when confirming someone a member of the Church. It was just incredible to really see the difference the gift of the Holy Ghost has made in them thus far. Incredible people.

So I've been trying to increase my biblical literacy recently because the Bible is awesome. So I picked up my Bible reading from the last time I was reading, so I've been reading Paul's letter to the Romans, which is cool because he is speaking to the Italian saints.

So just a few cool gems I found in my latest reading. Romans 8:18 reads,
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
That is a sweet verse. There is no negative thing in our life that will even compare to the good we can potentially receive through Christ and His Atonement. I know that's true because I've seen it countless times in my life and in the lives of others. We will be compensated for every single trial we go through with blessings hundredfold. That's the beauty of the Plan of Salvation and God's infinite love.

Then in verses 38 and 39, Paul says,
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
There is literally nothing that can stop the love emanating from Christ and Heavenly Father. We can deny it as much as we want, but it will keep coming at us. I know without a doubt that is true. They didn't give up on me. They do not give up on us. That's why we should never give up on those around us.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Do great things today.
Anziano Benjamin Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment