Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 53 - Time Going

Hey everyone. How's it going? It's whatever here in Modena. Regular stuff going down. Except now we have iPads. Pretty fancy tools if I might say so myself. Fun stuff and not near as distracting as I expected it to be. But I think that's just because I've got more self control now.

This week has been a bit slow. Nothing really exciting going on here. Christian should be back in Modena pretty soon. Besides that, finding work is as regular as ever. Other things.... Nope really nothing. A very stale mate really. Andiamo avanti. But I've been reading a lot from the Book of Mormon. I've been really trying to find tons of gems in the scriptures and really understand them well and know them so I can help those around me to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It's very important and I want to be better at that.

Just a cool story I was reading about was Alma and all his buds over in the Zoramite's land in Alma 33. In verses 19 and 20, it reads:
19 Behold, he was spoken of by Moses; yea, and behold a type was raised up in the wilderness, that whosoever would look upon it might live. And many did look and live.
20 But few understood the meaning of those things, and this because of the hardness of their hearts. But there were many who were so hardened that they would not look, therefore they perished. Now the reason they would not look is because they did not believe that it would heal them.
So a bit of backstory, in Numbers 21:9, it reads:
9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
So serpents all over in the desert. If you were bitten, all you had to do was look at this brass serpent on a pole that Moses held, and you would be healed. If you looked not upon the brass serpent, death.

This is the world today. There are serpents all over, all around us in thousands if different forms that commonly we don't recognize as serpents. We are bitten every day, multiple times, sometimes without even realizing it. Prophets throughout the history of the world have prophesied and warned and told us about the brass serpent which will heal us. That would be Christ and His Atonement. All we have to do is look upon Christ and use His Atonement. To be completely honest, it isn't difficult. I've done it hundreds, if not thousands of times. It's not a bad thing. So many people see the Atonement as something you want to avoid. That is wrong. Do not avoid the Atonement. Use it. Don't waste was Christ did for you. That is wrong. It is not something hard to use, but so often we make it more difficult than it needs to be, thus scaring us away from using it, causing us to think it would be better if we just forgot and went on in life without it. That is wrong. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is everything in this life. Without it, we would be forever lost and forever dead. We could not accomplish anything here. The enabling power of the Atonement is incredible.




The Atonement of Jesus Christ is absolutely amazing. I would go as far to say it is the greatest gift ever given to mankind. It is most definitely the greatest act of love. Christ bled for you. Use the Atonement. Do not be afraid, nor discouraged, nor down on yourself. You are a child of God. He loves you infinitely and He is giving you all the help in the universe to get you back. This is my testimony.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Do great things this week!
Anziano Guthrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment