Yesterday we had new missionary training with President Dibb and the Assistants for the trainers and trainees. That was all fun and stuff. We got to take a family picture hahahha
Three generations yeah. Fun stuff. ANZIANO TAYLOR GOES HOME IN JULY... That's really weird. Just as weird, once I finish training Anz. Perry, he will be my only companion still in the mission, the other 7 will all be home hahah.
So the last thing I wanted to share was just something we've been talking about recently in the mission and something I've been reflecting a lot on and putting into practice. The concept is being obedient out of love for Christ. Pretty simple.
John 14:15So I've been trying to change all obedience from being obedient because I want blessings or because I don't want to get in trouble, to just doing it because I love Christ and am grateful for His Atonement and example.
15 ¶If ye love me, keep my commandments.
It really makes obedience so much better. It goes from doing the right thing out of fear to doing it simply because it's right and you're grateful for what Christ did for you.
Matthew 10:39If we will be exactly obedient to the commandments and spiritual impressions and for the right reasons, we will lose our life for Christ's sake. When we do that, we shall find life eternal. That's amazing. I invite you all to reflect upon why you do what you do. If it's for the wrong reason, I'd change it hahah :) Do the right things because of Christ and what He did. May we all be greater disciples of Jesus Christ and love Him more each and every day as we study His infinite Atonement.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
I love you all. Thank you for everything you do. Have an amazing week! Do great things today and give the world a reason to dance :)
Anziano Ben Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment