Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 15

Ciao Tutti!

Everything here in Italy is amazing as ever. Never better. There are hard days and sad days. There are fun days and full days. But every day is amazing doing this work.

A miracle I saw this past week was at the end of a Plan of Salvation lesson with an investigator named Juan. He was found before I got here in Cimiano and taught up to the Word of Wisdom. Then he kind of fell off the map for a few weeks and Anziano Taylor texted him an invitation to a YSA activity about 3 weeks ago. And he came! Then he came to Church the next week and we taught him the Restoration after. So after this last lesson we had, he said a kneeling prayer to close. Here's the miracle. During that prayer, he thanked Heavenly Father for restoring His true church to the earth again so that we can know what we need to do to return to him... It was just absolutely amazing. Anziano Taylor and I were speechless at the end of that prayer, with huge huge smiles on our faces as you can imagine.Just absolutely prepared guy.

Spiritual thought from my studies this week! The Bible! Jesus rocks. So in Matthew 17:20 it says:
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
So from that verse we see that even with the smallest amount of faith, with God we can literally do anything. NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE. Nothing. That's amazing. Then in Matthew 21:21-22, it says:
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
So again. Faith moves mountains. But not only that. Through faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ and in our Heavenly Father, we not only can move mountain, but we can literally know anything. If we pray for certain knowledge, asking in faith, and believing with all of our heart, we will receive that knowledge.


If there's one thing I want to get across in this email, it is this. Every time you pray, believe that your prayer can be answered. If you do that, you'll receive the answer. That's why I'm in Italy today. I prayed to know if this is where I needed to be and I received the second clearest answer I've ever received from a prayer in my life. Pray with faith. Pray with intent to act on the answer. But most importantly, pray with belief, belief that God will answer. Because, trust me, He will. In any way He wants, maybe not the way you want, but the way He wants. And He will do so according to His will and His time, but He'll always answer. :)

God loves you all. I know that without a doubt. Don't ever forget that!

You all rock! Do great things today!
You're all amazing! Vi voglio tantissimo bene!
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment