Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Week 12. First Transfer Down. 1/16.

Okay okay. I apologize about last week now. I was in Lecco all day so emailing didn't really happen. But I have pictures :) We hiked up this huge mountain for 1.5 hours and hung out at this little Catholic chapel thing.





Just some fun pictures of us and random things we saw. Just an awesome day overall, minus the 15 minutes of email time... But whatever.

So some other things that happened this past week. The Sorelle (sister missionaries) had a baptism!!! and my companion Anz. Taylor got to baptize her!



Super great baptism and everything in general! But even better news... MARCO IS BEING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK WOOOOOOO!!!!! Our investigator who has been investigating for A YEAR accepted a baptismal date and is getting baptised THIS SATURDAY WOOOO!!! We are so so excited for this Friday. He is so so prepared. He's been coming to church, reading the scriptures, and praying for the past year but has never felt he had received an answer that the Book of Mormon is true. The weekend before I came to Italy, Anz. Taylor and his last companion had a fast with him and he received his answer! Then about 4 weeks later, we finally felt to give him baptismal date for this Saturday and it's happening!!!

And to make it even better, this is happening:
So first, in this ward I'm in, we have my companionship, another of Anziani, and then one of Sorelle, so there are 6 of us. Both Sorelle are going home tomorrow, and one of the other Anziani was transferred to Florence. 
THEN we got this news:
The Sorelle coming into our district, one is training and then Anziano Gainer, the Anziano staying here is also training. So for the next six weeks, we have 3 brand new missionaries being trained. So this will be exciting ahhaha. But both this brand new sister and elder get to see probably the most spiritual baptism ever this Saturday. And so do it :) so we're all lucky hahaha.

I guess the last thing I really wanna leave you all with is a newfound respect I've gained. Along with the scriptures, I've been reading in Our Heritage, a book solely about the early members of the Church. Simply put, I have an absolutely huge amount of respect for the early members. The things they went through are the reasons we have this worldwide church we have today. They made the path for us to follow, and that path is laden with blood, sweat, and tears, literally. The trials we go through today are not even remotely close to what they went through. I just have an unending respect for them.

I would encourage all of you study more about the Church's beginning. It's extremely interesting and inspiring. Heavenly Father chose some amazing people to found this Church--no surprise there.

I hope everyone is doing great :) 
Italy Rules :)

Love you all and have a great week!!!!
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment