Wednesday, August 13, 2014

BAPTISMS BAPTISMS BAPTISMS!!!!!

Well, one baptism. :)

This past Saturday, MARCO WAS BAPTIZED WOOO!!! I've talked about him before so I won't explain everything again. But yea, the coolest part is he and his wife's wedding anniversary was the Sunday he was confirmed, this pastSunday. Which means in 1 year, on his anniversary, he can go to the temple and be sealed!!!! That's just awesome timing. The Spirit was just booming during his baptism. He was so prepared and so ready to make that covenant with God. 



In the picture, he's in the middle, his wife to the right, and to the left of him is our Bishop who is the most amazing person ever. 



Everything is going great here. Right now it's vacation time for literally all of Italy so most of our investigators are gone. We're just looking for people to teach now. Not a ton of willing people. But everything is great here. Super content with where we are.

Just wanted to share a cool scripture I read a few days ago. It's 1 Nephi 17:13 and says:
13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.
This concept is something that I really have a big testimony of now. This world is a wilderness. Look outside and around you everywhere. You know what I mean. All we have to do is keep His commandments, and the way will be prepared. I have seen it every day for the past 3 months. All we have to do is these little things we've been asked to do that are SOOO easy to do, and when he asks us to do something, he prepares a way for us. Just remember that.

I want to end with a little bit of talking about the Plan of Salvation. This is a topic that has become really important to me since I've come out here on my mission. I feel it is one of the most important things to understand and to have a testimony of.

If we understand and know and believe all of it, everything in life becomes better and happier. It's like this.

We lived with Heavenly Father as spirits before this. We saw Him and wanted to be like Him. He made this plan for us to become like Him, just like any father would. He sent us to this Earth to gain a body, like His, and to experience a mortal life. We HAVE to experience the tests and trials of this life to become like him. When we understand where we come from, we understand our potential. We literally have the potential to become like our Heavenly Father. That's just mind blowing. We have such a huge potential.

Next is understanding the purpose of this life, the whole testing and trying period of eternity. If we understand that our Heavenly Father has a PERFECT, SPECIFIC plan for each and every one of us, we realize that every single little thing that happens in our life, has a purpose behind it. We understand that God makes us go through things for a reason, to help us grow and become more like Him. When we do that and think of life that way, there is never a moment where we question God because something terrible happens. We simply ask him why it happened in a calm manner, simply trying to understand how it will help us grow.

I want you all to know this. God has a plan for you, a specific plan made specifically for you. A PERFECT PLAN. There are no faults in His plan for you. God is perfect. He doesn't mess up. Only we do. His plan cannot be disrupted by anyone. If there's one thing that you should always do during hard times, it would be to get down on your knees and ask Heavenly Father how he wants you to grow from this. He's never going to change part of His plan. It's set in stone. All you can do is ask what the next step is, and He will tell you.

We all face hard times. Every hard time is used to strengthen us in some way. Find how every hard time has helped you, then thank the one person who deserves it, Heavenly Father.

I love you all and hope you're doing amazing.
Remember God's plan for you and its perfection. Remember Christ is the center of that plan.

Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment