That's the crazy thing. The gift of tongues is so obviously here. I mean Italian is easier for me because I have experience with Spanish but my companion knows a little of Sign Language but no other language and he's right with me in Italian honestly. And we can teach solely in Italian after a week. You can't do that anywhere else.
I've been thinking a lot about my purpose as a missionary and also I've been finding specific reasons why the people going to Italy have been called to Italy. I have a list of specific reasons I've found as my purpose as a mission. I'll just share my most recent and favorite addition. It's from Mosiah 28:3. It's about the Sons of Mosiah after their conversion which is feel is really pertinent to me. Basically they talk about how they want to share the Gospel because the mere idea of someone living in "endless torment" makes them "quake and tremble." I really love that because it's exactly how I feel. One big reason I'm here in the MTC preparing for Italy is because I need people to know about this. It took me a while to find, but I need them to know.
I'm so excited to get to Italy though. My teachers are all recent RM's from Italy and they always talk about how amazing it is and I JUST WANNA GO NOW. The MTC is a prison but it's a pretty nice prison.
But yeah I'm learning a ton here through the language, the scriptures, my teachers, and my zone. I've got some amazing people around me here and I'm so thankful for that.
Love all of you.
Ciao i miei amici e le mie famiglie!
No comments:
Post a Comment