Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 4 Down

Ahh man Italy is getting closer and closer!

It was weird before I entered the MTC, I had accepted the fact that I was going to Italy. Then I spent a week in the MTC and realized that Italy was so very far away. But now I'm getting my flight itinerary either tomorrow or Friday, and it's so very real now. Regardless of the fact I can only speak about Gospel topics in Italian, I'm so very ready to go to Italy and get started.

This past week has been just like the rest. Temple was awesome a week ago after emailing and then Thursday to today went by super quick. Last night we had a devotional from Elder Quentin L. Cook which was awesome. One thing I noticed about these devotionals is that I never remember exactly what they talked about but I always get something extremely important out of them, not necessarily about their topic.

I don't know where I got this from but I made the connection that a mission is analogous to the sacrifice Christ made for us. I was just thinking about in Luke 22:42 where Christ is in the Garden of Gethsemane and he says "nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." I feel like the sacrifice that missionaries make around the world is very similar; well the closest we humans can get to that infinite atonement. Most 19-Whatever year olds, men and women, would rather be at college finishing their education, having fun, doing all that stuff, but there are 80,000+ not doing their own will, but doing God's will. That's just amazing to me and I'm proud to be one of them and to know so many of them.

I dunno. I'll probably have more to write once I get into Italy. Not much happens here anymore because it's the same spiritual filled day, every day hahaha. But everything is going really well overall.

Love you all and I'm praying for you all.

Oh dang. That's the other thing I wanted to share.
Quick amazing story. So the other companionship in my room, Anziano Rasband and Anziano Kawai. So Anziano Kawai has a young cousin, probably 7 or 8 named Gavin. 2 weeks ago Gavin had his legs crushed by something. They immediately took him to the hospital. After a few hours, the doctors told his parents that Gavin would most likely not walk again in his life. Anziano Kawai told us about Gavin and asked us last Fast Sunday to pray and fast for him. So as a dual companionship we did just that, every day, both in companionship and personal prayers. 

A week later in Anziano Kawai's email from his family, they found out that Gavin was going to be able to walk again and it's a complete miracle that this could even happen. Power of prayer and fasting, remember that. It's absolutely amazing when you pray with real intent.

That's it for this week. Love you all!
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment