Wednesday, May 21, 2014

First email!

The first week here has been pretty full of emotions and stuff to do. A huge roller coaster in my opinion. Got here on Wednesday and immediately went to my classroom and two RM's just started telling me things in Italian. Luckily having learned some Spanish, I could pick out a few things here and there as to what I was supposed to do. But yea first day was good. The first few nights were a little rough because every time we stopped working constantly throughout the day, I kept missing everything from school and home and stuff. But it slowly got better.

Everyone here who has been here for a few weeks has said the first few days are hard but on Sunday it gets better after that. I found that true for 2 reasons. The first was that you start making friends here and getting close to everyone in your district and zone. The second reason is that on Sunday you have a devotional where someone comes and speaks. So for devotional we watched an old devotional from like 2 years ago during Christmas time from Elder Bednar called the "Character of Christ." He talked about a quote from Elder Maxwell when he said "There would have been no atoning sacrifice without the character of Christ." He went on to discuss what the "Character of Christ" is and how it is exemplified throughout the scriptures. Really awesome devotional. Then out of no where, Elder Bednar actually showed up. It was so so cool, super spiritual. Greatest devotional ever. For the next hour and a half we just had Q&A session with him and random people just asked him various questions. It was amazing.

But yeah the Italian has been coming pretty well. Spanish has helped a ton, so thanks Sra. Grazier i guess? I actually really like learning Italian. We've already taught 4 lessons to an "investigator," all 20 minutes long, solely in Italian. Pretty frustrating and exciting but yeah.

The branch I'm in is pretty cool. The presidency is nice and cool. My zone is made up of half Italian missionaries and half Romanian missionaries. The Romanians are okay but all the Italian missionaries are super cool. I absolutely love my district and the other district of Italian missionaries. My companion is pretty cool too. We're pretty similar and the two other guys in our room that are a companionship are really similar too. So I can see why Heavenly Father put us together but we all get along really well between all the Italian missionaries so that's awesome. One of the missionaries in the other Italian district is Anziano (Elder) Mika from the BYU basketball, starting center and all that jazz. He's pretty cool.

But yeah everything is going pretty well in general. We wake up at 6:30 and work every minute until 9:30at night. It's not too bad honestly. And it's really cool having the same Spirit the rest of the week that you always feel on Sunday. It really is a great place. But at the same time I'm so so ready to leave hahaha. Honestly 6 weeks here sounds so much longer than 2 years in Italy. I just wanna go to Italy even though I'm only half fluent in Italian. But yea everything is going really well. 

Hope you all are doing well. Have fun. Love ya all.

I have a few pictures but I'm trying to figure out how to upload them. If I get em I'll send em next week.

See ya love ya bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment