For New Years, we didn't have much to do. We had to be home earlier than normal for safety purposes. But we got to meet the friend of a member and teach him about the Restoration before the ward's New Year party, which unfortunately we couldn't attend because it was too late. But yeah, that was cool and we will probably start teaching him more soon.
Besides that, not a ton happened this week. We met with our new converts and they taught us about the Restoration and did fantastically. That was so great to see. They're just doing awesome in every way.
Then today for PDay we went to a city along Lago di Garda and hiked up a mountain because we both needed a nature release, just to get out of the world. So we went and hiked all the day today and it was so worth it. We were going up this one super steep part and I starting babbling about climbing up mountains and ended up saying something pretty relevant.
When you're climbing up mountains, you encounter lots of trees and plants and rocks that you have to grab on to so that you can pull yourself up to get to the next level. Sometimes you encounter loose rocks or rotten trees or there is nothing to hold on to. The lesson I learned while babbling on a mountain side was this. If you spend all your time focused on the loose rock or rotten tree you just pulled out of the ground, or in a life sense, people who break your trust, then you first off, will never get to the top of the mountain, and second, you will miss all the trees and rocks that helped you get you where you are, or those people who did so. Basically what I learned today is that nature rocks and I've under-appreciated it for too long.
"Genuine hope is urgently needed in order to be more lovingly even as the love of many waxes cold; more merciful, even when misunderstood or misrepresented; more holy, even as the world ripens in iniquity; more courteous and patient in a coarsening and curt world; and more full of heartfelt hope, even when other men’s hearts fail them. Whatever our particular furrow, we are to “plow in hope,” without looking back or letting yesterday hold tomorrow hostage (1 Cor. 9:10)."
This is from Elder Maxwell. I've been studying a lot about faith and hope because, well, I'm lacking profoundly in that department. I still haven't found the exact answer yet, but I can see a little bit of light coming each day to answer my questions. But I've been learning a lot about faith and hope, specifically in other people. It's not a topic that is talked about often, how to have faith in others. It is talked about, but maybe not as plainly and openly as I'd previously expected. At this time, the world needs hope. They need faith. The world especially needs hope and faith in each other. We need to know that people CAN in fact change and that everyone has a divine potential. If we begin to understand that, love will come and the world will change. It starts with us though.
I hope you're all doing well and that you're searching to see God's hand in your life every day. Have a fantastic week! Love you all!
Anz. Benjamin Guthrie









No comments:
Post a Comment