Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Be Content

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a sweet week! Not a ton happened here in Brescia. We talked on the phone with this really awesome Peruvian woman that we met last week. Unfortunately she was working on Sunday so she couldn't make it to church. But during our phone conversation, she mentioned how this next Sunday she will be coming to church and bringing her husband and her children because she wants her children to be raised with good morals and standards. She also mentioned how she called her sister in Peru and told her how she met the elders and her sister and the rest of her family were extremely excited. So that was definitely awesome.

Besides that, we're preparing everything for Andrea's baptism this Saturday. That is definitely going to be a sweet day. I'm excited for that one. Also, last Wednesday there was a world wide missionary broadcast for al the missionaries in the world with trainings from the missionary department and a few of the Twelve. Just a couple things that I liked from it were when Elder Bednar spoke on revelation and said, "You don't have to know in every moment that it's revelation, you just need to have the faith to press forward and go." He also spoke about the importance of knowing WHO YOU ARE and WHAT YOU ARE CALLED TO DO. I think that is definitely applicable outside of missionary work also.

Well I've been studying the New Testament quite a bit the past couple of weeks and I just wanted to share a couple cool gems I found. In Paul's epistle to the Phillipians, in chapter 4, he says,
"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

This is a super important concept that is really difficult for us to understand. We know most of the time that we need to be content with anything we are facing, but sometimes it's just not that easy. I've asked myself if an extremely strong and powerful testimony of the Plan of Salvation would make facing trials and afflictions easier, In the sense of happiness and joy and that stuff. I might be totally wrong, but I don't know if it does make it easier. It's still hard. The Atonement was so incredibly difficult for Christ. He was "sore amazed" and began to be "very heavy" as he was approaching the Garden of Gethsemane with Peter, James, and John. He begged the Father for another way, but through it all knew that He was fulfilling the Atonement in the only way possible. It wasn't easy for him. But he was comforted through it all. "There appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him." As Christ knew, we also have to know that though our trials and difficulties might be hard right now as we stare them in the eyes, they will also be for our good and for our experience.

President Howard W. Hunter said, "If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong."

In the end, everything will be okay. If everything is not okay, it's not the end.

I hope you all have a really great week and that you remember what Christ has done for us all. He's definitely helped me countless times throughout my life. Thanks for everything you all do for me. Have a sweet week!

Anz. Ben Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment