Life's great. Italy is great. I can basically say everything I need to in Italian now. (ish.) But yeah. Everything is great. I don't really worry to much, just happiness fillin me up because I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing here.
This past Sunday, all of us Anziani got to participate in the ordination of the Aaronic Priesthood for the son of this American family in our ward. That was super cool. Besides that, welll.... I don't know. We have an investigator named Juan who is just amazing who is going to be baptized on the 18th of this month. He has a lot of doubts right now but they are all doubts that don't actually affect his possibilty of being baptized or his later activity in the Church. So we're all good :)
Also Yilmaz, the guy from Turkey. He reads the Book of Mormon, understands it perfectly, and applies it to his life. He's ridiculously amazing. He's going to be baptized on Nov 1 and we've been meeting with him for like 2 weeks. or less probably.
Besides that Anz. Ostergar and I have been talking a lot about repentance in general with each other. I don't know, I just want to say this. The Atonement is real. There are living examples of the Atonement all around you every single day. I don't have a ton to say, just that my testimony of the Atonement is the same as an Anziano that gave his dying testimony this past Zone Conference. He said this: I have a testimony of the Atonement. I've seen it work in my life and the lives of those around me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Because of the sacrifice Christ made for us, the past doesn't matter. We're imperfect. We mess up. Cool. Doesn't matter. Repent and you're clean again. Never let your imperfections or sins that you've repented for hold you back. Move forward with your head up. Heavenly Father forgets the past. So should you.
I love you all and hope you're doing fantastic :)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
Anziano Guthrie
This past Sunday, all of us Anziani got to participate in the ordination of the Aaronic Priesthood for the son of this American family in our ward. That was super cool. Besides that, welll.... I don't know. We have an investigator named Juan who is just amazing who is going to be baptized on the 18th of this month. He has a lot of doubts right now but they are all doubts that don't actually affect his possibilty of being baptized or his later activity in the Church. So we're all good :)
Also Yilmaz, the guy from Turkey. He reads the Book of Mormon, understands it perfectly, and applies it to his life. He's ridiculously amazing. He's going to be baptized on Nov 1 and we've been meeting with him for like 2 weeks. or less probably.
Besides that Anz. Ostergar and I have been talking a lot about repentance in general with each other. I don't know, I just want to say this. The Atonement is real. There are living examples of the Atonement all around you every single day. I don't have a ton to say, just that my testimony of the Atonement is the same as an Anziano that gave his dying testimony this past Zone Conference. He said this: I have a testimony of the Atonement. I've seen it work in my life and the lives of those around me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Because of the sacrifice Christ made for us, the past doesn't matter. We're imperfect. We mess up. Cool. Doesn't matter. Repent and you're clean again. Never let your imperfections or sins that you've repented for hold you back. Move forward with your head up. Heavenly Father forgets the past. So should you.
I love you all and hope you're doing fantastic :)
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment