BAPTISMS!!!!!
This is Antonio, the one on the left. He is amazing. He just turned 22 and was baptized this past Friday. He is hilarious and amazing and super super just awesome in ever single way possible. I don't know what else to say. He's a member, and he will be forever because he's amazing. The one on the right is Gustavo, he was baptized about a year ago and Antonio asked him to baptize him which was super cool. So yes. That happened.
The other big thing that happened this week was transfers. Anziano Taylor is leaving me. :( But he's going to Alessandria (west Italy) to be a Zone Leader, which was no surprise for me. I'm sad but at the same time I know that we did great work together and that he needs to go baptize people in Alessandria before he becomes an AP, which I'm 500% sure will happen after 3 transfers as Zone Leader. My new companion is Anziano Ostergar (I think that's spelled right). He is from California and he will be here tomorrow. He was a Zone Leader in Como for the past few transfers and from what I hear, he's just an amazing missionary. The AP's think that President Dibb has a golden star by my name and is pampering me with the best companions in the mission hahaha. So I'm okay with that.
Other things that happened, today we just ate with a new convert of about a year, Mahesh. He's from Nepal. He bought us cool scarves. I love him and he's amazing. Other things... Meh I don't know. Read the scriptures, pray, go to church. Just do that and everything will be great. Like really, that's all you have to do. Everything else will come from that.
Some details about life as a missionary in Italy:
Life is great. Days: we wake up every morning and study until 10:30 then go out and have lessons or do finding work until 1 then have lunch till 2 and language study after until 3. Then from 3 to 9:30, we're out doing whatever during the day, finding people, teaching people, whatever we're guided to do. The language is coming. I can say everything I need to say, it's just that I don't like speaking that much, even in English, so that puts me at a disadvantage.
Food is always great. We switch off coooking every day between the 4 of us. So I cook every 4 days basically. That's for lunch. We don't have dinner unless we have an appointment with an investigator or less active. Anz Taylor is leaving tomorrow for Alessandria to be a Zone leader, and my new companion is the Zone leader from Como coming here to be district leader. But our 2 transfers together was amazing.
Best thing about Italy: the members here. They're just amazing in every way. Worst thing about Italy: in America, we have problems with violence, people getting killed and all that stuff all the time. Here in Italy, they have two big problems: smoking and morality. Just everywhere there's disgusting stuff. I look at my feet basically for 99% of the time we're out of the house.
Favorite thing about being a missionary. Everything. Everything about it. Except my least favorite thing. Talking to random people. :) I'm bad at that, and not because of the language.
Life is great. Days: we wake up every morning and study until 10:30 then go out and have lessons or do finding work until 1 then have lunch till 2 and language study after until 3. Then from 3 to 9:30, we're out doing whatever during the day, finding people, teaching people, whatever we're guided to do. The language is coming. I can say everything I need to say, it's just that I don't like speaking that much, even in English, so that puts me at a disadvantage.
Food is always great. We switch off coooking every day between the 4 of us. So I cook every 4 days basically. That's for lunch. We don't have dinner unless we have an appointment with an investigator or less active. Anz Taylor is leaving tomorrow for Alessandria to be a Zone leader, and my new companion is the Zone leader from Como coming here to be district leader. But our 2 transfers together was amazing.
Best thing about Italy: the members here. They're just amazing in every way. Worst thing about Italy: in America, we have problems with violence, people getting killed and all that stuff all the time. Here in Italy, they have two big problems: smoking and morality. Just everywhere there's disgusting stuff. I look at my feet basically for 99% of the time we're out of the house.
Favorite thing about being a missionary. Everything. Everything about it. Except my least favorite thing. Talking to random people. :) I'm bad at that, and not because of the language.
I can't think of anything else to say. So yeah.
This Church is true. It's so obviously true. I can't even lie to myself and say that it's not true. The intro to the Book of Mormon, in the last paragraph says that those who receive a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon will also receive a testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, that Joseph Smith was in fact a prophet called of God, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's Church is the latter-days.
Well let me tell you all something: I've received that testimony of the Book of Mormon. From that, I now know without a doubt that Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer, that Joseph Smith was no doubt a prophet called of God to restore His church, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church on the earth.
I love you all :)
Praying for you all!
You're all amazing!
Anziano Guthrie
No comments:
Post a Comment