Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WEEK 17

Well... Let's see.

Hi.

Let's start with that.

Everything is going great here. The Italian language is taking off. Kind of. I can sorta speak. Everyone says I'm better than I actually am but they are all liars. :)

So update on the people we are working with here in Milano Cimiano!

Antonio - So he's 21 years old and he's from Napoli and he's super super quiet. But amazing and hilarious too. We've been teaching him for as long as i've been here and a little before then. But yea so he wasn't going anywhere towards baptism for my first transfer, then he went on vacation all August to Madrid and Napoli. While in Madrid he went to the temple with some friends he went with and while there he read the BoM and prayed for 30 minutes on temple grounds... and... received his answer about the Book of Mormon. He came back to Milan last Wednesday and we talked to him and he said he wanted to get baptized on Friday... So yea. That happened. He's being baptized in two days... So, so prepared and just amazing.

Juan - Juan is this Peruvian guy whose like 40, that Anz. Taylor and his last companion found but he disapeared for like a month. Then I got here and didn't meet him till like 4 weeks ago when he showed up randomly at a church activity. We started teaching him and we didn't really feel like we were getting anywhere. But then he had a bad experience with alcohol and he came and talked to us after church and was just like I'm done with this lifestyle. I wanna change. So he did :) He's just amazing. Every time we teach him he's just coming closer and closer to Christ and he's completely changed his life to be in line with the Word of Wisdom. :) He's just an example for me.

I'll share some more stories next week but those are our big two right now.

The Church is true. In case you didn't already know. Just a word of advice, because I've seen this as a problem with a few members here in Italy who start having doubts about the Church. There are a couple things you need to do to always know the Church is true. First 3 are very VERY important. Read the BoM, pray, and go to church. If you're not doing those things, do them.

After that just do the things God has asked of us, obey the commandments, and especially, ESPECIALLY, pay your tithing. That one is a killer in the Church. Yes it can be a lot of money, but God has literally promised to POUR OUT BLESSINGS SO MUCH THAT YOU WON'T HAVE ROOM!!!!

YOU WON'T. HAVE. ROOM.

Pay your tithing. Please please please pay your tithing. BLESSINGS POURED OUT. NOT ENOUGH ROOM. I feel like that just makes sense.

That's my spiel for the week. :)
Love you all.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

You all rock.
Anziano Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment