Wednesday, July 2, 2014

First Week in Italy!

So this email is gonna be pretty exciting. So we arrived in Italy on Friday and I was pooped. Jet lag all over the place. But we stayed awake all day and went to the Duomo, a huge Catholic church in the middle of Milan. It was all the new missionaries and the AP's and Sister Dibb. And what did we do? Talk to people about the Gospel, in Italian. Exciting junk honestly. It was super fun. Talked to a lot of cool people. Then we got Gelato, which is delicious as you can imagine. Then the day ended with pizza and lasagna made by Sister Dibb which was incredible. The next day we met our trainers and found out our first zone.

My trainer is Anziano Taylor. He's from Utah but went to high school in Oklahoma for 3 years before he left on his mission right out of high school, so we're the same age. He's awesome. He played football and did music stuff in high school, so he's a lot like me. Really really cool guy. He's been out for a year so he's pretty much got the language and teaching down. So we are here in Cimiano, Milano for 12 weeks at least. This place is awesome. The Cimiano Ward has about 200 active members and growing. It's the biggest ward in the Milan mission. So I'm starting off strong. But there are still tons of people here that we can teach. Honestly most of Milan is made up of Ecuadorian and Peruvian immigrants. That's about 80% of our ward. Tons of zingheri (gypsies) begging for money everywhere. But yea this place is sweet.

Everything is going great here really. I'm adjusting really well to everything. I like tomatoes now. But it's because they are delicious here. Italian food is, as expected, the best. All the members are sweet and the investigators we have are the coolest people. We have one investigator, Antonio who just accepted all commandments immediately. Hasn't had coffee in 2 months or alchohol in the same time. Just accepted everything as we told him. He's being baptized July 19 so that'll be amazing. Tons of great people here and I love it.

I don't know what else to say. Everything here rocks. I've had countless experiences thus far of being led by the the Spirit. One quick example. We saw a park and had extra time so we went to go talk to people. We sat on a bench and prayed to be led to someone who needed to here our message. Neither of us felt right about the park so we started walking down a street. We saw this couple walking away from us and we both felt it was them. We followed for like 15 seconds then this woman walked by us and we both immediately turned around and we knew it was here. We talked to her, got her number, address, and even said a quick prayer with her. We've been led to so many people just in the past few days. It's just awesome.

But yea here are various pictures of Milan and where I live and Anziano Taylor and I.

Hope you're all doing great.
Love you all.
Anziano Guthrie.




Elder Taylor and Elder Guthrie.








No comments:

Post a Comment