Monday, July 28, 2014

A Letter from a Mom

We got a wonderful email from a woman in the ward Elder Guthrie is serving in. Sounds like he's doing really well in Cimiano.
Hello Elder Guthrie's Mom!

My family and I are from Idaho, living in Milano for the next year while my husband earns an international MBA. I just wanted you to know a few things about your amazing missionary! I'm sure it's nothing you don't already know but it is nice to hear another mom brag on your son...

1. He is wonderful! My 4 children all adore him! He has the greatest since of humor and makes them laugh every time we see each other, my son in particular.
2. He shared a great testimony about the power of giving Priesthood blessings when he participated in one at my house with an investigator. I was impressed with his maturity.
3. He has a great smile that spreads joy with all those he comes in connect with.
4. He accompained his companion today for a musical number that was PERFECT!!!! He has quite the talent at the piano. The Spirit was so strong, the music beautiful! I wish I could have videoed today and sent it you. It was truly amazing. As my husband and I sat and listened we were wishing you could have been there to witness you son changing lives with his music and his willingness to serve.
5. His trainer is one the best missionaries I have met. He is obedient, nice, and fun. Elder Taylor's Italian is good too. The last companion that Elder Taylor had was difficult to serve with. Since your son has been here, Elder Taylor has perked up. They are the best compliment to one another! They are such a good combination. Your son is in good hands.

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Love,
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment